Dr. Marc Al-Hames has been Chief Executive Officer of HolidayCheck Group AG since 30 April 2020.
Previously, he was Managing Director of the Munich-based Cliqz GmbH, a majority holding of Hubert Burda Media, for seven years. Cliqz developed search, browser and privacy technology in Germany until 2020 and also operates the world's leading privacy tool Ghostery. Prior to that, Dr. Al-Hames worked for two years as Head of Corporate Development at Tomorrow Focus AG, today HolidayCheck Group AG, where he was responsible for several M&A transactions. Dr. Al-Hames began his career in 2008 as a project manager at McKinsey & Company. He was born in Hannover, Germany, in 1978.
Dr. Al-Hames studied electrical engineering and information technology at the Technical University of Munich and holds a doctorate in engineering.
|Since 2020||Chief Executive Officer, HolidayCheck Group AG, Munich, Germany|
|2013-2020||Managing Director, Cliqz GmbH, Munich, Germany|
|2011-2013||Head of Corporate Development, Tomorrow Focus AG, Munich, Germany|
|2008-2011||Project Manager, McKinsey & Company Inc., Munich, Germany|
|1999-2007||Technical University Munich, Dr.-Ing. Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Munich, Germany|
Additional memberships in statutory advisory boards or in comparable domestic and international supervisory bodies:
- Member Board of Directors, Ghostery Inc., New York, USA (no stock exchange listing)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Cốc Cốc Pte. Ltd., Singapore (no stock exchange listing)
- Advisory Board of jameda GmbH, Munich, Germany
- Advisory Board of GoodHood GmbH (nebenan.de), Berlin, Germany
Dr Marc Al-Hames holds the following positions until 30 June 2020:
- Managing Director of Cliqz GmbH, Cliqz International GmbH, Clico GmbH and DLD Ventures GmbH, all Munich, Germany
- Advisory Board of Cliqz MyOffrz GmbH, Munich, Germany