Our Leadership Essentials are next to our set of values an important part of the cooperation between managers and their employees and therefore firmly integrated in our daily activities.
„OWNER“ - I think and act as though I had built the company myself.
- ...dream big and act in the long-term interest of the company as a whole.
- ...serve as role models and ambassadors for our company values and our vision, both internally and externally.
- ...are aware of costs and seek to do more per unit spent (time, money, etc.) by reducing waste.
- ...cannot stand passive negativity. Wherever they encounter it, they show their colleagues how to put that energy into solutions, not surrender.
„ENABLE“ - I convey the context, reasoning, and passion my team needs.
- ...give each team member a tangible and useful roadmap for how their daily work contributes to our becoming the most Urlauber-friendly company on Earth.
- ...convey context and how things relate so that team members can apply their energy and creativity to their work with autonomy.
- ...know it is their role to make sure their team members understand their advice and explanations.
- ...ignite passion in their team members, making them both inspired and effective.
„RESULTS“ - I have very high standards in both quality and achievement.
- ...expect, and get, excellent results.
- ...have concrete expectations for quality and output.
- ...measure their results with objectivity and over the long-term.
- ...make it possible to achieve results through their attention and methods.
- ...stand up for their results, good and bad, and openly and transparently share them with others.
„CHANGE“ - I drive innovation and I bring about change.
- ...make room for curiosity and experiments to grow. Their deeds show that they dare to take risks and they break trail so that their team can learn, invent, and improve continuously.
- ...ensure that their teams are capable of functioning, even when complexity or uncertainty are high.
- ...teach Think Big and challenge our fundamental assumptions.
- ...fix what doesn‘t work and leave what does work in place.
- ...know that change always feels uncomfortable. They are thoughtful, sensible, and committed when introducing and communicating change.
„FOCUS“ - I ensure we have focus.
- ...understand the over-arching set of goals and derive concrete and applicable goals with their teams.
- ...convey with true clarity the roles and responsibilities in the team. Team members feel the setup makes sense. If it doesn’t lead to clear priorities for the team member, the HCLeader works to make them clear.
„TRUST“ - I create an open and honest environment around me.
- ...regularly give clear, candid, and constructive feedback, in their own teams and to those they work with.
- ...celebrate critical questions, embrace a fresh approach, and ensure that every voice is heard.
- ...ensure a respectful and constructive dialogue, but one that still gets to the truth.
„COACH“ - I help my team to improve through my actions and commitment.
- ...publicly celebrate their team members’ success.
- ...ensure that errors only need to happen one time.
- The Manager carries some responsibility in every failure of the team.
„DECISIONS“ - I ensure we make the most appropriate decisions in a timely fashion.
- ...use open-ended questions to create a lively discussion, so that complexity and risk are clearly understood.
- ...know how to get the best out of everyone in a discussion, whether expert or simply an owner of the company.
- ...openly celebrate when holes or gaps turn up in an argument, because it is the moment when we recognize where we can improve.
- ...push their teams to get into big and thorny topics. They are never satisfied with an easy or superficial answer.
- ...find ways to make clever decisions even when time is short.
- ...share the logic behind their decisions and the experience they gain in making decisions, so that we can all benefit.
„GROWTH (People)“ - I help each team member to improve though my actions and commitment.
- ...give helpful feedback: timely, factual, constructive.
- ...identify and bear the strengths and motivations of their team members in mind. They make the team members’ continuous development a priority.
- ...make space for their team members to make choices, so that they can improve and grow.
„GROWTH (Teams)“ - As a manager, I want the team as a whole to be effective and work well together.
- ...push team members to be better and support their personal development.
- ...are willing to find solutions for team members when the member’s contributions or behavior doesn’t meet the basics at HolidayCheck.
- ...know what their team is supposed to contribute to the company as a whole and they ensure their team can deliver accordingly.
- ...ensure balance that keeps us at our most effective, both within their team and between their team and other teams.
- A HolidayCheck Leader hires the best people out there into their team.